A Post-Election Message From Matthew Fox:
Thank you to everyone who volunteered, advised, donated, and helped in any way during this campaign! Congratulations to Erica, Ellen, and Owen. Thank you to David and Lisa for your meaningful contributions to our schools. My respect to all candidates for pushing hard during this election season – running takes a toll on each of our families and I am appreciative we have so many engaged community members who want to be involved.
During my campaign, I shared a message that this is an important time of change in Edina, and we need strong leadership on our board who will provide the right direction for our schools and communicate with increase transparency. I pledge to you that I will work hard to support every child, from every family, at every level of learning within our district.
We are one community, and we will now look ahead and come together to usher in the next phase of growth for Edina Public Schools. I am excited to get to work on behalf of all of our families and our community.
Why Matthew Fox for Edina School Board:
* Sits on the board of an International Biotech Company
* Will apply governance experience and make an impact in 2018
*Has managed budgets the size of Edina as a Portfolio Manager
* Will be fiscally responsible while resourcing student and teacher needs
* Has studied science and been in the healthcare field for more than 15 years
* Will be a big proponent of a strong core curriculum in STEM classes
*Built strategic operating plans at a pharmaceutical company
* Will push a review and upgrade of the Edina Strategic Plan in 2018
* Currently leads a biotech company focused on children with rare disease
* Will build the right culture and has experience managing large teams